Headphone cords always end up with tons of knots in them, and we’re getting sick of it! Agree? This technique will not only cut down on knots, but also adds a shot of color to your headphones! It will probably look familiar to most of you who spent your summers at camp (it’s called the chinese staircase). Follow the steps below to start your own colorful masterpiece!
1. Supplies: A few different colors of craft thread (we went for the ombre look), headphones, scissors and clear nail polish.
2. Cut a little more than you need rather than too little; remember that you can always cut more thread off if you need to. Double-knot the strings together to your headphones so they stay together.
3. Tie your headphones to something steady, like a chair or clipboard.Hold two strings in one hand and the other string in the other hand. Cross the one string over and under the two. It should look a lot like a ’4′.
4. Take the end of the 4 by putting your hand in the wide space of the 4 and pull the end through.Pull the knot up towards the top of the original knot.
5. Repeat as many times as you’d like, then switch colors! Make sure you finish it off with a knot, then put some clear nail polish over it to avoid fraying.