Tie dye is always on trend! Rock Mani Monday with this fun and easy how-to by our fave nail art blogger, Wondrously Polished, created specially for our Deb girls!
Whether it’s on a dress or on my nails, tie dye never ceases to make me happy! I’ve got an easy how-to inspired by one of my favorite maxi dresses for spring and summer that will work from the beach to your favorite music festival!
1. Paint your nails your favorite white polish and let dry completely. I love OPI’s My Boyfriend Scales Walls.
2. Next, grab a light turquoise polish (like China Glaze’s For Audrey) and paint vertical lines of varying lengths at the tip of each nail.
3. Use a dark blue polish like OPI’s I Saw…U Saw…We Saw…Warsaw to add short vertical lines near your cuticles. Don’t paint too far down your nail as you want to leave some white space in this look.
4. With a cobalt blue, like Essie’s Butler Please, paint vertical lines that partially cover the dark blue ones. Be sure to leave a little bit of white showing through between the cobalt and the turquoise color.
5. With your white base polish, paint short vertical lines between the cobalt blue and the turquoise. This will help create a more natural tie dye blend between the two colors.
6. Finally, finish off your mani with your favorite top coat and enjoy your hard work!